Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Gingerbread Fail

My baby brother, who is 5 1/2, loves all things gingerbread man. From gingerbread stuffed 'babies', gingerbread aprons, to gingerbread blankets, he's got it. So naturally, I thought a gingerbread house would be a perfect activity for him. So, after picking up an $8USD gingerbread house kit from Target, we set out to construct a delightful abode....

Photobucket

Well...all was going well, and we were having fun icing and adorning the house with peppermints and gum drops...until the roof decides to collapse and cave in. Then the other wall seemingly implodes, and the whole house was officially a ground zero of gingerbread. Luckily, little brother wasn't too dissapointed, as the kit provided lots of candy to keep him distracted and comforted during the horrible sight of mangled cookie and icing.

Photobucket

The creation and relentless attempt to fix the structural integrity of the home proved futile. I actually found myself cursing at the house...not soo merry. I decided to trash the entire creation, rather than spend any more of my time fighting with a cookie. Tommorow, little brother and I shall build mini houses from the tried and true milk cartons and graham crackers method.

No comments:

 
fashion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory