Saturday, December 13, 2008

'tis the season to shop and shop some more...

Yes, it is getting close to that merry and cheeful day, aka JC's annual birthday bash, where presents and gifts are to be eagerly torn opened and revealed by friends and family. Over the course of many shopping days and oppurtunites, I have only managed to get 2, yes 2, gifts for anybody on my list....But seriously, how can I help myself. Between Marshalls and Kohl's this weekend, I have been seriously distracted. Read between the lines: I've only been shopping for myself. But its the thought that counts, right? I mean, I do have the good intentions when I've been out shopping.


Anyhow, Kohls and Marshalls are quickly becoming some new favorite shopping getaways for some fabulous deals. They have recently opened up a mega shopping center very close to me, filled with tons of great stores, and I am pretty sure they are sending subliminal messages in my dreams for me to go out and shop and then shop some more.


At Kohls this week they are running a promo where if you buy $50USD of merch, then they give you $10USD Kohl's Cash to use in store. HELLO...um, sure. So, I found some great basic cotton cardigans for $6.99USD on sale from $28. Naturally, I picked up black and grey. Annoyingly, they run small and very fitted, my normal size Medium looked ridiculous and cropped on me, so I was *this* close to putting them both back instead of getting an XL.....vain, yes, I know. I got them, and will cut the tag out first thing....bwahaha. Also at Kohls, I found a fabulous, very 'Free People'-esque knit summer shirt for.....$1.90USD. This is cheaper than Goodwill, my friends. It looks so cute, flowy and bohemian. So cliche. Yep, can't wait to pair it with some dark denim jeans and flat gold sandals this spring. Not pictured is the other stuff I grabbed; a complete bathroom set from rug, towels, soap dish, and curtain+holders for my new house being built, for an unbelievable 70% off.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Off to Marshalls, I went. Oh, I love Marshall. SO MUCH. They carry names like Seven for all Mankind jeans, Juicy, Coach, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, and the list goes on and on. And, at a fraction of retail prices.....*drools* There was a time where I would buy clothing and accessories at full price. Not anymore! Me a parsimonious pursuer, 'member?
So, yesterday during my Marshalls run, I found some great clearance deals. A Debbie Meyer for Rico bubble tank dress for $5USD (retail <$60)!!!! A pair of Vertigo straight leg jeans for $10USD (retail $180)!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
And my favorite find of the day (make that month)...A floral, beautiful Free People summer dress marked down to $10USD!!! Free People is a name that is on my top 5 favorite brands of all time. Check them out at www.freepeople.com and this dress easily sells for over $150USD at their stores. Speaking of which, one just opened up near me~~must resist
Photobucket
A close up of the fabulous neck detailing:
Photobucket
I also picked up a pair of running shoes on clearance for $29USD for my daddeeeee. Give him some motivation to run. LOL...and a car wash nozzle/thing/soap/whatever for him as a quick stocking stuffer. My mom, who accompanied me, snagged some great deals on gifts. Good for her....

No comments:

 
fashion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory